Why does the check engine light come on?
The check engine light is associated with several different aspects of your vehicle. The issues and severity of problems can vary greatly. A diagnostics check is needed in order to understand the issue fully. The check engine light can mean that your vehicle is emitting higher levels of pollutants. A loose or missing fuel cap can lead to higher emissions of hydrocarbons and other pollutants. It’s important to get check engine light issues resolved to keep your vehicle working efficiently, keep your car mileage up, and keep your emissions as low as possible.
Is it safe to drive with the check engine light on?
Some of the issues related to the check engine light are minor, so if your vehicle is driving normally, it’s probably safe to keep driving. However, you should eventually get it checked. Keeping your vehicle up-to-date with maintenance can prevent bigger, costlier problems from occurring later.
If your check engine light is blinking or red instead of orange, you should get it inspected immediately. This indicates that there’s an urgent issue that requires your vehicle to get serviced as soon as possible. In this case, it can be dangerous to continue driving your vehicle without getting it examined.
Signs there’s an issue with the engine:
- Service/check engine lights are lit up on the dashboard
- Lower fuel mileage
- Lower performance driving
Located in Pune, Mio car services is happy to run a diagnostics check to determine the reason your check engine light is on.
What to do when your check engine light comes on:
- Check gauges and lights: Some of the dashboard lights and gauges can give you more information about why the check engine light came on. It could indicate you’re low on oil or your engine is overheating.
- Note when it came on: Did you just fill your vehicle with gas? If so, try taking off and putting the gas cap back on. Re tightening it can make the check engine light go off after you start your car a few times to reset it.
- Get it inspected: When your check engine light comes on, it’s best to get your vehicle inspected by a professional. There are some do it yourself code readers that might tell you the issue. However, they only provide limited information, and you have to be knowledgeable about car maintenance for it to be useful.
We are eager to help get your vehicle working efficiently again. Our professionals know how to handle a wide range of car engine diagnostics. Whether you drive a passenger car or medium sized truck or SUV, our mechanics strive to ensure that your vehicle will be performing at its best.